Back to Events
to 8:00 PM
Another amazing partnership with our favorite humans at The Littlewood Co-Op! Ever watch your favorite wild bird facing into the wind while perched upon power lines? This is your chance to recreate a memory in metal & wood. Crazy cool paint-throwing meets light-saber metal cutting... an amazing evening of creativity, wood-working, painting, plasma cutting metal and overall joy & satisfaction. Please preregister at www.weldlikeagirl.us (Events tab).
Note: This evening starts at The Littlewood Co-Op. We will walk a very short block to Weld Like A Girl to (light-saber) plasma cut and then return to The Littlewood Co-op to unite the two. The best parking is at Littlewood but both locations work.
ALL classes begin with safety! Participants will be taught about welding safety and plasma cutting. Demonstrations and practice time are provided.
- We provide a small group setting of usually no more than 10 people so that everyone can get the individual instruction and attention they need.
- We provide all safety gear including safety glasses, welding jackets, gloves and welding helmets.
- This class is co-ed.
- Children are permitted to register; so far, we have taught kids as young as 6 years old but only you know how mature your child is. (If you have a mature child under the age of 7, please contact us so we can discuss the possibility of participation.) Children under the age of 14 are asked to register and participate with an adult.
- WHAT TO WEAR: jeans, cotton t-shirt and closed-toe shoes (leather shoes or boots preferred; tennis shoes are OK; no sandals); please ensure ankles and feet are completely
- FYI: if you already have your own safety glasses that fit you perfectly, you are welcome to bring them. Otherwise, we provide standard ANSI-approved safety glasses that are yours to take home.
- Water, tea and light refreshments will be provided.
Cost: $50/person; includes all class materials (wood, paint, metal), use of safety gear, use of cutting & welding equipment and instruction
Please call, e-mail or message us on Facebook, Twitter or Instagram if you are military or a 1st responder and wish to receive the discount code.
TUESDAY - Saturday
11am to 8pm
If you have cooperative values, enjoy interacting with "artsy" people and want to build community, we would love to hear from you! Click below to be added to our list of volunteers! We Thank you in advanced!